Sunday, June 27, 2010

Okay, I think I'm back

How is that for commitment. It's been a long while since I've blogged. And there have been many days when I've thought, perfect, this would be great on the blog, or wow, I need to share this picture with friends and family, but I just couldn't bring myself to write or share or anything, and I don't even know why. But I think I'm ready to re-enter the blogging world. I'll start posting pictures and updates and any other little thing that I may want to spout or say.

As I write, I have children clamoring around me, asking for things and blowing recorders in my ear. Others are playing and some are fighting. Who knows what the baby is doing, but I believe he needs pants on. As long as the diaper stays on I guess we're okay. Speaking of the baby, he's really not one anymore. He's soon to turn 2 and will be a big brother even before that. Okay, too late, the diapers off.....

I'm back.

Being a parent is always an adventure. It's quite enjoyable at times, and comical at times, and endearing at times, and annoying at times and everything else. But of course I wouldn't change it for the world. In fact, we keep adding little bugs to this house. Have I ever mentioned how small our house is? It's pretty tiny but it's cozy and it's home and I really wouldn't change much. As I sit here with my children all around me, entertaining themselves with their child chatter and play I feel so extremely blessed! How could I want anything else?

I was at the pool the other day (which is another story all together, 6 kids and a pregnant woman at the pool draws a bit of attention) when I was talking with a mom that I've met at the school. As we spoke I was able to say that I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom and I have always wanted a large family. As I told her I realized how lucky I am to have what I have always wanted and not only that, but I know I'm doing what my Father in Heaven wants me to do. Now that is joy. And I think it even makes some of those pull-your-hair-out and hide-in-your-room, kind of days easier, or at least bearable.

So now I have months of things to catch up on, and I don't know if I'll get to all of it or even any of it, but it feels good to be back. (at least today). I know I'll at least visit you all again soon when the newest model arrives sometime within the next two weeks.

Until then it's good to be back in the blogging world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine a better mom than you Anne. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little "bug."

Tiffanie said...

Congratulations on the soon to be arriving #7! Having 7 kids is wonderful, I'm so lucky too to be a stay at home Mom with my little celestial friends. Way to go Anne. Miss you and your cute family.

Julie said...

Has the new baby arrived? Can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations Anne! You are my hero!