These are my children. They look well enough, and happy enough. And most of the time I believe they are. But let me tell you there are days...
I've been debating as to where to start. You see, I haven't written about anything for almost a year, so do I try to remember everything that's happened the last year and bore you to death or should I try and highlight the good stuff? Maybe it will be a little bit of both seeing that this is meant to be more of journal and a way to stay connected to others. As you know I'm not a professional writer, nor will I ever be, but I'm hoping to write a few little things worth remembering.
Over the last few days as I have been observing some extended family relations I have come to the conclusion that my parenting days are NOT numbered! I will be a parent forever. Depending on the day I have this thought I may clap my hands or go cry in a corner. I look at this picture of my little ones and they are young and cute (most of the time) and they have so much ahead of them. They will have trials and hardships, they will have laughter and joy. Some of the stuff they will go through will be no fault of their own and some will be of direct consequences of bad decision making. More then anything I want to teach my children that it is ALWAYS easier to do the right thing first. It's never better to screw up and then try to fix the wrong. I hope to instill in them a desire to want to make good choices, to want to do what is good, to want to help others, to want to not try and get away with something but just do what is right. I pray for this every day.
As for the subject of prayer. I know it works. It worked today.
No more sermon.
I still am not sure how I will restart this blog, but hopefully I'm making some progress by just typing what comes to mind. I do have some pretty good stuff that has happened this past year, some really cool accomplishments that my children have made, some pretty funny stories that I am supplied with almost every day as the kids grow and learn. We took a great summer vacation this year and drove across the country to visit family and friends. Emmett's class won a trip to Orlando to the Harry Potter Grand Opening. We also had that very adorable baby I mentioned yesterday, Garrett calls him "Buddy", that in and of itself is a story.
So much to say, and now I just have to make the time to say it!
No comments:
Post a Comment