Friday, October 10, 2008

My Beautiful Mom!

My mom and me! Mom and Tim

A nature walk with four kids
A proud mother of SIX! "Thanks God for that angel we call Mom"

This week marks seven years since the passing of my mom. We miss her and love her, but are comforted by our knowledge that we will see her again someday. Being a mother of young chilren myself I especially love the pictures of my mom holding babies. Thanks Dad for emailing me these priceless pictures!

12 comments:

As Molly Turns... said...

Anne,

I can't beleive it has been that long ago. It feels like only yesterday.

Dana said...

I cried when I saw those pics. I can't believe it's been 7 years! I visited her gravesite last summer when I was in Alpine. I still remember the smell of her perfume. I am fortunate to have known her. I am old enough to remember when Danny was a babe in arms. Thanks for sharing!

cookingsherri said...

You look so much like your mom! Especially that first pic! What a beautiful tribute.

As Molly Turns... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
As Molly Turns... said...

Go to my blog to see what to do!!!

Rin said...

Anne,

Dana shared your blog with us. So fun to see and hear about your family and to see pictures of your dad. I loved your mom. She was a dear friend and we had so much fun together when Mike and Dean were in the bishopric together. I learned a lot from my friendship with your mother - she taught me so much on a spiritual level. I miss her greatly. Thanks for the tribute to her. We think about Mike and you kids often. We'd love to get in contact with your dad if you could share an email address or phone #.

AnJilleen said...

Jacque,
It's so good to hear from you! I think of you and your family as well. My Dad is back in Alpine. His email is mikehertig@yahoo.com. I am sure he would love to hear from you. Thanks for posting on here so. It's fun to think that you can look into my little life.
love, Anne

Rachel Anne said...

It's so fun to see pictures of your mom as a young mother. We are so glad that we had the chance to know her. She was an amazing person. I don't think I can remember a time when she wasn't sharing her beautiful smile, it reminds me a lot of you Anne.

The McKinstry Family said...

I just love this tribute to your mom. You definelty look like her, you both have beautiful smiles.

Julie said...

Anne, you are the spitting image of your mother. Even though I didn't know her I can tell she was special. What a beautiful tribute!

Ann Mitchell said...

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years! The most fun I had with your mom was when we took a class with Diane Walter. It was at Bear Lake for a week. We had a BLAST!

Kylee Clark said...

Your mom was my teacher and also in our ward in Alpine. I miss and think of her all the time, My mom passed away when I was 4. When i go to her grave I always stop off at your moms, she was so sweet and the such a calm voice. I remember she use to give you runts on your way out to the play ground if you cleaned up 5 things off the floor :) You are so lucky to call her your mom

Kylee clark (terry)