Today I spent the afternoon making "Ant Army Hats" for the 2nd grade musical "BUGZ". (I'll post pictures of that after Thursday.). So I punched holes into 29 hats and placed black pipe cleaners into the holes and twisted them into antennae. What fun! The hats turned out pretty cute. I had my 4 year old and her friend help me carry some of them into the school. The class did fireworks for me for a thank you by clapping there hands and snapping their fingers above their heads. The show should be pretty cute and I'm glad I wasn't in charge of making butterfly or firefly costumes, the worst however would have to be the boll weevil. So I got off easy!
Well, there is nothing like procrastination so I headed off to find a camouflage shirt for Gabbie. While at Wal♦Mart I was studying the t-shirts Leia ran away. I wasn't too concerned about it because this is a common occurrence. This time however Mia chased her to "try and get her" and she soon was M.I.A. I started yelling for her and started to get worried because she was no where in sight. A Wal♦Mart associate asked if I was missing a child and soon they called a Code Adam and the store was closed and I was still yelling Leia's name. After about 7 minutes an associate said to me, "hey, is that her?" I said yes and she giggled and took off running again. The associate and I chased her down and finally caught her. AAHHHGG. The little stinker! The worst part about it was overhearing another woman criticizing me for not having my child strapped into the stroller, or cart. Little did she know, Leia had been strapped into the stroller and still got away from me. Oh well, maybe I'll avoid Wal♦Mart from here on out. Do you think that's possible?
3 comments:
Anne you are one busy lady! What a beautiful "clan" you have even if half of them were crying as you left Mount Vernon. At times like that I just pretend that there is no one around staring at me. Avoiding all eye contact is the most effective way to accomplish that. I'm so glad to hear that you finally found Leia at Wal-mart. She is a busy girl.
Don't you love when other people speak up, when its none of their business. That drives me crazy! I'm glad you found your girls, that is always scary when you turn around and they are gone. Cute hats...by the way! Good job!
Good job on the cute hats for Gabbie's play. I am not a huge fan of Wal-mart, because I have had some rude comments flown my way from other customers. Leia is a busy, busy girl. I am glad that you did find her.
Post a Comment