Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mount Vernon

Presidents Day is FREE day at Mount Vernon. So we (like thousands of others) we to visit the home of George Washington. We had a great time, although it was freezing cold by the time we left.

I would love to have this view from my backyard! No wonder G.W. loved his home at Mount Vernon so much!


As we left, we were soooooo cold and some of the kids had had enough. Three of our kids were crying when we left, so we got some good stares from others watching our sad little clan.


This is a happy Garrett inside the visitor center. He was so glad to be out of our arms and crawling around inside where it was warm.

Here is is eating his toes. I thought it was funny so I snapped the picture. Don't you wish you could bend in half like that?

3 comments:

Julie said...

How far is Mount Vernon from you? We haven't been there before, maybe that's where we could meet sometime?

AnJilleen said...

Mount Vernon is really close to DC and about 45 minutes from our place. I hadn't been there since HS choir tour (how embarassing!) It's only about 3 miles past the milatary base we do our grocery shopping at! We had gone late in the day and didn't see everything there. So we would love to go back!

Christina said...

I'm so jealous of you and Julie... I would do just about anything to live around all those historical places. Mt. Vernon and Arlington Cemetary were some of my favorite places to visit in DC.