Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So far, so good....


Summer is here and we're loving it. Although our first week was as busy as a week could be. We started the summer with chores and piano practicing and reading etc... until 11:00 am and then it was off to swim lessons. After swim lessons we went swimming, went to the library and went to luncheons. Crazy busy! This was our pattern Monday through Thursday and then Thursday afternoon we took off for a FAMILY VACATION!!! We had such a great time! We headed straight for Busch Gardens (which is one of our favorite places on earth!) and we spent Thursday evening there AND all day Friday. Saturday we took the kids to Virginia Beach. This was one of their first beach experiences and most of them had a great time playing in the waves and sand. Garrett enjoyed eating the sand and Leia just wanted to go home. It was a little unnerving for Ryan and I, we spent the entire time counting heads. With so many people on the beach and six little kids who don't know much about the ocean it was a little crazy, but we (Ryan and I) had our fill after about 2 hours (the kids wanted to stay) we headed back to the hotel, showered and changed and drove to Colonial Williamsburg. There were a number of reinactors in Williamsburg going about their colonial business. They were cooking over fires, posting up proclamations and marching in the streets. Most the reinactors we saw were British soldiers and Loyalistsit made the atmosphere really fun and realistic! The kids enjoyed it and now Emmett wants us all to be reinactors as a family some day, I'm not sure I'm up for that but we really all had a good time. Sunday was spent attending our old ward and visiting with good friends. We had a good time but we were exhausted by the time we got home. This week so far our schedule has flown out the window, but I believe we'll start it up again soon. Enjoy the slide show with some of the highlights from our trip!

1 comment:

Julie said...

This sounds exactly like a vacation our family would love!!! I'll have to call you to get hotel ideas and ideas for where to eat, etc.