Monday, November 2, 2009

Manassas Battlefield

Today the kids had the day off of school. With the beautiful fall weather, and taking advantage of us all being home with went to visit the Manassas Battlefield. To those of you from the North this is where the Battle of Bull Run took place. It's a beautiful area just 10 minutes from our home.

Here we are posing in front of a statue of Stonewall Jackson. This is the place where he acquired the name of "Stonewall". You can't see Jackson in this picture because I cropped it. But you must now scroll down and look at the next picture.
Here you can see Stonewall Jackson on his horse. But look below on the right hand side. Here a lady sat reading a book. All the while people (and not just us) were trying to take pictures. You couldn't get a picture of the statue without this woman in the frame. Crazy! So she made it into our family photo so I promptly removed her. But I removed General Jackson in the process. Oh well.
Brothers!


Gabs and I

A beautiful setting at the stone bridge.

Some of the kids had had it!
We feel so blessed to live in this beautiful state full of history and fun! I am also so blessed with a wonderful family. My wonderful children and a husband who is simply the best a woman could get.





1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

What a fun outing, you are blessed to live in Virginia! (I'm still working on getting back out there someday...) And you have such a cute family! Love the family photo