Monday, April 20, 2009

Busch Gardens

Busch Gardens is one of our favorite places to visit. The kids all love it and Ryan and I have a ball watching them and hitting a few rides ourselves. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa, this year it's on them. What a wonderful Christmas gift, we get to use it all spring and summer long and it doesn't take up any room in the house!


I realize this picture is a bit blurry, we had a hard time getting Elmo and Leia together. All Leia talked about before getting to Busch Gardens was Elmo, but she wasn't so sure she liked the giant sized one there. This year they opened a new part of the park called Forrest of Fun and Elmo and other Sesame Street gang were there.

We've been going to Busch Gardens now since Emmett and Gabbie were little (we used to live just down the road) It's crazy to see the "big" kids riding along with the little ones. It wasn't so long ago that they were the little ones on those same rides. As you can see Gabbie looks just a bit bored on this one. She's only about 1/2 inch away from riding all the rides with me. Emmett is tall enough for everything and I even convinced him to ride the Griffon with me. He rode everything but Alpengeist , he wanted to, but I didn't. That ride gives me a headache. I did promise to ride with him the next time we go. Woohoo! Great fun! (Click on the blue words and you can see what those rides are like, the Griffon one is kind of long but it shows you what the ride is like, all except the spectacular view when you get to the top).

I didn't post any pics of Garrett. He was mostly in the stroller, and was oh so glad when we would go back to the hotel and he could crawl around!

No comments: