The good, the bad and the silly! Life as it really happens with EIGHT silly kids, two exhausted parents and countless crazy experiences.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Our big night out
I feel victorious! I just returned from dinner out. That shouldn't seem like it's something to concur, but I went with my six kids by myself... and there was no play area or anything! WOW! So my poor husband had to fly out of town again today. (He doesn't like traveling any more than I like having him gone.) Being that today is Memorial Day and we were home hanging out and doing laundry I thought we could go out for dinner. If we don't go to McDonald's our dinners out are normally at Cracker Barrel. I just didn't feel like heading there so I made this bold move...APPLEBEES! Okay, so I know this isn't the fanciest place on the planet but I haven't eaten there in years (although it was a favorite of mine before kids however). Thanks to Nate and Jill as Christmas present we even had a gift card, so off we went, all seven of us, and I have to say, the kids did great! We didn't spill anything (expect cheerios from Garrett) and the kids were quiet and ate their food and no one needed to use the bathroom and it was wonderful! And I found out that I still really like the Oriental Chicken Salad. The only thing that would be better is if my dear husband could of been with us. Well, he'll be home Friday night. Maybe then just he and I can go out somewhere special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are one brave lady. I tried going to IHOP with my three while we were selling the house. Let me tell you that was a disaster. I am glad that it turned out good.
WHAT A WOMAN!!!
YAY for you! You are a Super MOM!
Wahoo! You are my hero. I must be a wimp because I don't know if I would even attempt it, and I only have 5.
Way to go Anne. That is not an easy thing to pull off. I know that I'm always releived after a dinner out where the kids behaved and we didn't have any incidents. I glad us was a success.
Post a Comment