Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sisters!

"Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..." I love my sisters. They are an inspiration to me in so many ways! With one she inspires me to work a little harder and with the other she inspires me to hang in there through all the tough times. In fact, I think they both do those two things for me. I feel so lucky to be able to speak to my sisters so often and to grow with them as we age and experience life as adults. What a blessing it is to have the playmates of my youth become my dearest friends as grown women. As I watch my four little girls I have great hopes for them that they will be close to each other when they grow and leave home. I hope to instill in them the desire to want to be with each other. Friends come and go but sisters stay, that's how it should be. That's a hard thing to understand when you're a child and your little sister wants to consistently hang out with you, (no Molly I'm not talking about us, I'm talking about my own little girls) but, if somehow my daughters can stay close with their sisters (and brothers too) their life will be so much nicer down the road. Lest you think I have forgotten a few people I haven't because not only do I have these great two sisters but I also have three wonderful brothers...but that's a post for another day!

3 comments:

Ann Mitchell said...

GOOD TO SEE YOU 3 TOGETHER AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is so sweet!

As Molly Turns... said...

Anne, that is funny you said it wasn't about us. Because we have talked about that before, so it didn't even cross my mind, but it did make me laugh. I totally agree with what you said. Thanks, your also a great sister.